Revisions: Content Editing
Posted August 30, 2009on:
The key to handling revisions is how well you planned and structured the document, and how you handled the first draft. Now it’s time for the product and subject-matter experts to verify content.
To help your reviewers do their job when they review your document, here are some guidelines on what to check. You may want to add more items to the list, but this should get you started.
Check content for the following:
- Accuracy and completeness of information in the text
- Accuracy and completeness of any tables, figures or illustrations
- Proper use of terms, definitions, units, measures and symbols
- Logical development of subject matter in relation to the product
- Appropriate scope and depth in relation to the audience
When you send the document out for review, be sure you communicate to your reviewers what they are expected to do and the scope of their task.